13 September 2009

Interesting Quote.

So while we were having our discussion two weeks ago about people expecting a 'wonder' drug of some sort that would cure obesity and/or diabetes (which seems to be in the pipes if you read some of the other blogs) I kept thinking of a quote that I had heard of a few years back and wanted to share it all with you:

“Formerly, when religion was strong and science weak, men mistook magic for medicine; now, when science is strong and religion weak, men mistake medicine for magic.”
-Thomas Szasz

Just some food for thought.

1 comment:

  1. Totally… I like how we need drugs to “fix” our ice cream addictions, how about going for a nature walk for an obesity drug? Take it from me, I definitely had a high BMI when I was young but I got off my butt, joined the track team, and now I couldn’t gain weight if I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete